Kobalt is a mission led company. Music is a fundamental part of society and everything we do is focused on serving the creators of that music.
We give them the services they need, we give them the tools to grow their career, we give them control over their future. At Kobalt we believe that by focusing on serving creators we can build a fairer, more vibrant and ultimately larger music industry.
Our mission started in 2000, we have come a long way and now have the pleasure of calling some of the greatest names in the industry our partners. Global stars like Paul McCartney, Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Bon Iver, Sam Smith, Björk, Mumford & Sons, Lauv, Childish Gambino and many more work with our teams and our products on a daily basis.
In any typical week our creators impact over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK. With 10 offices worldwide and 650 strong team we have scale and stability yet we are on a fast paced growth journey.
To live up to the potential in our business and keep pace with this expansion we must constantly challenge our mindsets and habits, be flexible in our approaches and seek the best from ourselves and our teams.
We are an entrepreneurial business within an industry that overflows with passion and creative freedom. Sound like fun? Come talk to us
Kobalt Music is looking to hire a Product Analyst to build out Kobalt’s Business Intelligence (BI) System.
In this role and you will report to the Technical Product Manager for BI and work closely with other Product Managers and key business stakeholders. Your primary responsibility will be to understand their BI needs and empower them with fast, comprehensive and straightforward access to all relevant data.
Our BI products consume and organise vast volumes of data into a Data Lake and create valuable insights for the business. You will create all technical specifications and documents for the process and act as project manager to the point of delivery. This role will allow someone to develop their skills on a cloud first technology stack, will provide opportunities to collaborate with Data Scientists and Engineers, and get hands on with music metadata.
- Liaise with Product Managers/Stakeholders to gather and document business requirements
- Assist in the curation of the product roadmap and prioritise the product backlog
- Develop relationships with business users and work collaboratively to provide BI solutions from inception to delivery
- Support the Technical Product Manager in enhancing the BI platform to solve insight and data issues
- Provide constant communication to the product team on delivery timescales and to the data engineering teams on the upcoming tasks and priority
- Provide ongoing feedback to improve information flow between all parties and seek opportunities to improve the efficiency of processes
- Be an active member of the product function whilst championing best practices and process improvements for data
- Use tools such as Jira and Confluence to adhere to agile practices: to define user stories, set acceptance criteria, refine team processes and share knowledge
- Design and build BI product solutions using AWS Athena, Quicksight and Tableau
- Experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst or BI Analyst / Developer
- Hands-on experience with JIRA ticketing, feature specifications, feature prioritisation, backlog refinement
- Familiarity with Agile methods and the ability to promote new approaches to improve ways of working
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience of delivering products from early specification through to completion
- Comfortable working with senior business and engineering stakeholders
- A passion for data insight products that will drive stakeholder decisions and guide business operations
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL etc.)
- Strong grasp of Data Visualisation techniques using tools such as Quicksight, Tableau, Looker, Birst etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and to communicate technical concepts and ideas
- (Desirable) Knowledge of BI platform architecture (Data Lake, Data Modelling, Data Warehousing principles and ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS, Talend etc.))
- (Desirable) Knowledge of the AWS Analytics stack (Glue, Athena, Quicksight)
- (Desirable) Experience with big data platforms and pipelines
- (Desirable) Experience of music industry processes, their data formats and interfaces