Kobalt was founded in 2000 with a mission: Make the music industry fairer and rewarding for creators.
We wanted to give creators, our artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers, the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers.
Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music technology services including Publishing, Recordings, Synchronization and the world’s first Global Digital Collection Society are trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK and it’s not just the big names we help. Our open platform allows new and upcoming artists and writers all over the world to get access to invaluable insights that help boost their musical careers.
Having undergone difficult times in the late 90s due to piracy, the music industry resurged due to streaming and curated online services and is now on a path of explosive growth as music becomes more ubiquitous than ever and distributed all over the world. Furthermore, data is today generated and collected at an unprecedented rate, through social media, marketing and other digital platforms.
As leaders in music technology, we are riding a rapid growth wave and scaling our systems and products to cope with current and future demand, while also building new innovative products that not only enable better decision making, increased efficiency but also help maximise revenue for creators.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A MARKETING EXECUTIVE AT KOBALT?
- support the operational and planning requirements of our portfolio of owned, sponsored, and partner events;
- monitor, analyse and optimise campaign performance;
- day-to-day coordination with partners and suppliers;
- be the first point of contact for the UK and European marketing team;
- assist in the project management all event planning and execution;
- create, customise and present eye-catching internal and external presentation decks;
- actively promote events through creative marketing communications campaigns;
- collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all events;
- identify and implement beneficial marketing activities with partner organisations;
- stay up-to-date with marketing trends, best practices and health and safety requirements;
- combining staff packs and event itineraries;
- develop strategies to increase community engagement, user activation and retention;
- run and present a weekly data driven A&R report identifying potential clients;
- be the listening arm of AWAL growth marketing core team focusing on member acceptance and experience;
- collaborate with growth marketing analyst and director marketing to identify artists of calibre that need support/service; and
- be the first point of contact for the UK and European marketing team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE...
- relevant experience organising and executing events as well as forecasting/reporting results;
- experience in marketing and promoting campaigns/products in the tech sector;
- experience of health and safety, plus logistical organisation of events;
- outstanding written and verbal communication with a good eye for detail;
- experience in running and monitoring multiple projects at one time;
- ability to prioritise, self-start, chip in and meet tight deadlines;
- worked in high-pressure, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- a “hard & smart” approach to work and a roll up sleeves and get it done mentality;
- a love for helping teammates achieve their own goals;
- worked closely with artists in a genuine and hands on way;
- relevant experience identifying and evaluating early signs of potential success in an artist’s career;
- worked with large amounts of data and business insight tools;
- a deep understanding of the music industry and contemporary artist campaigns evidenced through relevant work experience;
- at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent experience).