Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
As Public Relations Specialist, you’ll work closely with Reverb’s Public Relations & Communications Manager to promote Reverb through creative and strategic storytelling. You’ll be responsible for securing media and thought leadership opportunities that highlight Reverb’s brand, people, and community. You’ll work within the marketing team and across departments to not only support current initiatives and campaigns but also identify new opportunities to promote the Reverb brand, increasing Reverb’s awareness and credibility among new and existing users.
To apply, please submit a resume and writing samples (media pitches, press releases, articles, etc.) for us to review!
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute successful media relations campaigns by researching and identifying targets, drafting press releases, compiling relevant assets, creating personalized media pitches, and securing coverage.
- Build and maintain media relationships across targeted publications, including mainstream music, music trade, tech, local, and other key outlets.
- Manage customer advocacy program by working closely with Reverb’s Outreach Team to identify and vet notable users; Create media outreach campaigns and secure coverage surrounding key customer success stories.
- Identify and secure local branding opportunities, including media coverage, speaking opportunities, and awards.
- Work closely with the Artist Relations, Content, and International Marketing teams to support and promote campaigns and initiatives.
- Actively monitor the news for proactive and reactive opportunities to tell the Reverb story.
- Track and analyze media coverage for regular results reports.
- BA / BS degree in public relations, strategic communications, journalism, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of public relations experience with a focus on media relations and thought leadership; agency experience is preferred, but not required.
- A track record of executing media relations and thought leadership campaigns that result in consistent coverage in key media outlets; Experience with consumer retail or music brands is a plus.
- Experience owning media outreach campaigns from start to finish, including ideation, content creation, research, and reporting.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the proven ability to write both creative/engaging and succinct/error-free copy; Samples required.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to easily connect both with internal team members and external stakeholders, including media contacts, partners, and customers.
- Self-motivated with relentless attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
The position is based in our American HQ in Chicago, IL and requires occasional travel.
What you’ll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.