Beatport is looking for a part-time Junior Marketing Manager to join our team in Los Angeles. We are looking for someone with a diverse skillset across product marketing, social media, copywriting and editorial.
If you have strong communication skills, innovative ideas, and a solid network, and you are ready to contribute with your ideas to the success of Beatport as a company and a brand, we would like to speak with you. This role reports directly to the Senior Marketing Manager in Berlin but is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Working within the Creative Services division, alongside the Los Angeles and Berlin Marketing Managers, you will support Beatport’s global marketing campaigns.
- This can include but is not limited to: product launches, content-driven campaigns, brand partnerships, social media, and branding activations.
- You will also be expected to support the Lead Editor with editorial related duties for Beatport’s newly created editorial site.
- Between 1-3 years of professional experience in the field of marketing, social media and/or editorial.
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Social Media or otherwise related field, or equivalent experience.
- Meticulously organized and thorough, with the ability to work in an agile and dynamic environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to contribute editorially to Beatport’s newly created editorial site.
- An intimate interest and familiarity with electronic music of all genres.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines.
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
- Reliable, friendly, easy-going, good sense of humor, and the ability to work in our Los Angeles office as well as remotely with team members in European time zones (Berlin).
- Strong existing relationships with music journalists and contacts within the electronic music industry are a big plus.
- Expertly proficient in Mac OS environment.
- High-level Google and Microsoft word-processing tools.
- Knowledge of Wordpress CMS.
- Basic Adobe Suite knowledge.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.