Keakie is a platform that connects all of the world's underground music through DJ led mixes, radio shows and podcasts.
Keakie's content teams are responsible for acquiring, developing, producing and distributing compelling packages of content for users around the world. From mixes and radio shows to podcasts and other forms of music discovery, Keakie's content teams work passionately to entertain and inspire audiences all over the world.
Keakie is recruiting for a Manager for Content Acquisition (Latin America), based in London. The Manager will be a key member of the team, responsible for identifying and developing original and syndicated content.
The ideal candidate needs to have critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to find and develop great creative projects in a specific genre. Confidence and exuberance is also important as you will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
- Source, evaluate, develop and produce high quality content that will engage our viewers
- Track trends and analyse performance for Latin American content and other content categories globally, cultivate relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
- Communicate market trends around the production and distribution of content and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract negotiation and templating)
- Responsible for all aspects of production development, especially in pre-production
- Full responsibility and accountability for attaining relevant Channels over the course of Y1. You will have to meet and onboard both individual producers/DJs, larger channels and other various labels alongside upcoming student run institutions.
- Extensive background in sourcing and developing Latin American content
- Must have experience and be able to analyse channels and give creative feedback to content providers to increase the value of the shows
- Must have extensive knowledge of the culture & lifestyle creative community, and have solid relationships with top artists, managers, booking agents, PR agents, promoters, DJs and labels in the community
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently and the flexibility to change direction frequently
- Ability to manage and process detailed information and processes such as music track listing and channel relationship management while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and thus collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated love and understanding of audio content in multiple markets