We work primarily in Swift. We sweat the details, spending time polishing a critical feature to delight our users. But we are a lean team and always try to leverage the right tool for the job. That sometimes means leaning on older Objective-C code or using a webview. We believe in fast development cycles, readable code, testing, and automation.
Everyone at Reverb takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow the business. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. Not sure what it's like to work here? Check this out: https://product.reverb.com
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
- Product ownership – we are not just software engineers and designers. At Reverb, you’ll be expected to track the performance of features you release, talk to customers, and help figure out next steps to grow the business.
- Self-motivation – taking initiative to just get things done. Have an idea? Find someone else to help you make it a reality rather than waiting for work to be assigned.
About iOS @ Reverb:
- Our small and lean team of mobile engineers between iOS/Android and a PM.
- Our app is native, 75/25 split between Swift and Objective-C.
- We use a combination of REST and GraphQL for networking.
- Continuous Integration with Unit and UI Testing and Fastlane integration.
- Mobile at Reverb drives about 50% of revenue.
- Enhance and maintain the Reverb iOS app - writing, debugging and testing Swift and (an ever shrinking amount of) Objective-C code.
- Work with the product team to implement their vision while providing feedback and taking ownership of the behavior, design, and implementation of features. Refactor existing code with pride.
- Embrace and extend patterns and processes employed by mobile through pairing and active participation in review.
- Learn the Reverb platform and advocate on behalf of users.
- Collaborate across development, marketing, customer engagement, content, sales, and management teams to gather feedback.
- Serve as a mentor to other mobile developers.
- Pursue the advancement of your skills both in and outside of Reverb.
- Prior experience leading mobile projects from concept to implementation
- Ability to guide and mentor junior team members
- Understanding of network frameworks and APIs
- A portfolio of published apps in the App store that demonstrate your skills and expertise
- Experience working with alternative mobile frameworks like React Native, RXSwift/RXCocoa.
- Knowledge or experience with Rails, Go, Protobuf, or GraphQL.
- Android or other mobile platform experience.
- A love of playing or enjoying music.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookPro, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters. Please send us a link to your github!