Who we are
Xceed is a venture-backed startup headquartered in Barcelona, on a mission to facilitate the interaction between people and businesses around music experiences and to transform the way over 3 million people access nightlife events worldwide.
Recognised as the Apple top 100 Apps of 2016 in the world and the fastest growing start-up in Spain last year according to Tech5, our team puts Technology & Design at the core of the company culture. As such, every member of the team is involved in the product development activities having a real impact on the company.
Who we need
Currently, we are on the lookout for a hardworking and passionate intern, ideally with first industry experience, to work and learn alongside our Data team at our winning HQ in Barcelona.
Xceed Discover Program
The Xceed Discover Program is an accelerated development path for top undergraduate and graduate students composed of three modules - initial three months of learning for those with little or no experience, following three months where you will be able to add more value (six months of internship), after which you would be granted a full-time contract should you be successful. With monthly critical metric and soft skills evaluation with your internship mentor, you will receive continuous feedback to know if you are on track to be part of the Xceed family.
What you will do
We understand an internship as a quid pro quo relationship. You will learn first-hand how a Data and Business Intelligence department in a tech startup works and you will help the company to complete various tasks you are capable or willing to learn how to do.
For this specific internship program, we are looking for a person who will help our Business Intelligence department to transform data into meaningful conclusions to be used in decision-making processes. On the other hand, with your support, we will start leveraging data to provide our B2B clients the reports and guidelines on how to better manage and organise their events to maximise profits. For this reason, we are looking for an analytical profile that would like to use their technical data skills while you learn about the business and how data is managed in a top VC-backed startup.
You’ll report directly to the Chief Data Officer and interact with several of the company’s departments.
Your skills and attitude
• Passion for the field is hugely important in this or any other of our roles
• Results orientation - you understand that analysing data is important primarily with the goal of helping the business with the decision-making process
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills and business acumen
• Proactive attitude and critical mind
• Deep understanding of relational databases
• Proficiency with SQL
• Working knowledge of R/Python
• Any experience with BI tools (Tableau, etc.) will be a bonus point
• Bachelor’s degree in a field linked to Data Engineering, Business Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science, Statistics. PhD or a Master’s Degree are strongly preferred.
• It is mandatory to be able to make an internship agreement with your school for at least 6 months
What we value
• A real teammate spirit with the ability to dedicatedly participate in international & multi-functional teams
• Ambition, high-achiever mentality - you never settle for mediocrity and strive to excel
• Flexibility - we love challenges and adapt to business needs - when necessary, we are able to work under stress and multi-task to meet our goals, and have fun when the times are easy!
Why Xceed will be your favorite team
• Ambitious, dynamic and fun company culture with linear management and short decision-making lines
• A hardworking, curious and passionate team that is also friends outside the working hours
• Casual, young and multicultural mindset
• Ticket Restaurant (a restaurant card)
• Flexible working hours with the possibility of remote office several times per month
• A new, trendy and luminous office located at 22@ - The Innovation District of Barcelona
• A premium WeWork membership – access any WeWork office around the world
• Free breakfast every Monday, free coffee, tea and beer all week
• Happy Hour every Thursday
• Yoga, external speakers and other activities in the building
• Relax areas, table football & a rooftop terrace
• Free tickets for every party in town
• Team Getaways & other team activities
• Autonomy, vast opportunities to learn and grow
• Space to give your ideas and experiment
At Xceed we offer equal opportunities - all qualifying applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.