Reverb.com is looking for an outstanding Accounting Manager to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial, and reporting processes. Key duties include leading parts of the monthly and quarterly close processes, managing AR and AP processes, performing balance sheet account analyses, supporting annual audits, and developing staff accountants.
We're a lean team which allows for a lot of project ownership, collaboration, and the ability to make real impact on the business. As a growing and evolving company, accounting & finance is very experimental here! We're looking for analytical thinkers with creative ideas who can go beyond the numbers and think critically about the business.
- Own full life cycle accounting for domestic and international entities.
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue by reviewing and approving monthly journal entries and assisting with the completion of the consolidated monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Analyze and effectively communicate the financial performance of entities - work with other departments to help them better understand the financial impact of their operations and how that impacts the bottom line.
- Help automate and streamline manual processes by interfacing with developers and business stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation for annual audit and tax return filings.
- Mentor & manage staff accountants.
- Assist VP, Finance in documenting and monitoring internal controls as well as desk-level procedures.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- CPA or CMA designation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 8+ years experience in the field, including previous role as an Accounting Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an Excel guru and have experience with accounting software; Netsuite preferred.
- Audit and tax preparation experience.
- Able to work well with senior executives and stakeholders, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
- Experience in a high-volume, transaction heavy environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented-- mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles.
- Strong analytical skills-- you excel working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment while contributing to the continued success of the company.
- Strong sense of urgency and general business acumen.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and stand-up desk.
- Discounts on music gear.